Stuttgart/Reutlingen – For the latest Connected Biking solution – the all-in-one on-board computer Nyon – Bosch eBike Systems has been named as “CES® 2021 Innovation Awards Honoree” in the category “Vehicle Intelligence & Transportation”. The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) presents the CES Innovation Awards each year for pioneering innovations in technology and design in consumer products.
Forward-looking: experience smart mobility with the eBike
“Digital solutions like the Nyon on-board computer extend riding enjoyment on eBikes and redefine mobility, because they get people to their destination in a flexible, stress-free and safe way”, explains Claus Fleischer, CEO of Bosch eBike Systems. “The CES® 2021 Innovation Award recognises our efforts to further advance this vision of mobility with our Connected Biking solutions”.
The Nyon all-in-one on-board computer offers on-board navigation, fitness tracking, a digital lock function, topography-based range information and connects the eBiker to the digital world via Bluetooth and WiFi. Thus, the Nyon user connects to the eBike Connect app using the smartphone and exchanges data about routes and activities. The rider can operate the on-board computer simply and in-tuitively via the touch display or via the control unit while riding. Nyon has been on sale since October 2020.
The Nyon on-board computer will also be on show at the “All-Digital CES® 2021”, which will take place from 11–14 January 2021 online.
Bosch at CES 2021:
- VIRTUAL BOOTH: January 12–February 15, 2021 at www.ces.tech.
- FOLLOW the Bosch CES 2021 highlights on Twitter: #BoschCES.
- DEEP-DIVE SESSIONS WITH BOSCH EXPERTS: January 12–February 15, 2021 at www.ces.tech.
- “Sustainable #LikeABosch: How a key global industry player drives carbon neutrality”: January 13, 2021 from 8:15 to 8:45 EST (14:15-14:45 CET) with Torsten Kallweit, head of Corporate EHS and Sustainability and also CTO at Bosch Climate Solutions GmbH, and Annette Wagner, head of Sustainability and Ideas Lab.
- “Move #LikeABosch: Technology for sustainable future mobility”: January 12, 2021 from 12:15 – 12:45 pm EST (18:15-18:45 CET) with Mike Mansuetti, president of Bosch North America, and Tim Frasier, president of Automotive Electronics for North America.
- “AI in action: Application examples from the fields of fitness tracking and well-being to smart cameras” with Kaustubh Gandhi, Senior Product Manager, and Sina Isabell Springer, Business Development Manager.
- “Perfectly keyless advanced” with Tim Frasier, president of Automotive Electronics for North America, Daniel Kornek, Head of Product Area Vehicle Access (Perfectly Keyless), and Jia Hou, Business Development Manager.
Zita Hella Varga
Phone: +36 70 667-6374
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. It employs roughly 400,000 associates worldwide (as of December 31, 2019). The company generated sales of 77.7 billion euros in 2019. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. As a leading IoT provider, Bosch offers innovative solutions for smart homes, Industry 4.0, and connected mobility. Bosch pursuing a vision of mobility that is sustainable, safe, and exciting. It uses its expertise in sensor technology, software, and services, as well as its own IoT cloud, to offer its customers connected, cross-domain solutions from a single source. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to facilitate connected living with products and solutions that either contain artificial intelligence (AI) or have been developed or manufactured with its help. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is “Invented for life.” The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 440 subsidiary and regional companies in 60 countries. Including sales and service partners, Bosch’s global manufacturing, engineering, and sales network covers nearly every country in the world. The basis for the company’s future growth is its innovative strength. Bosch employs some 72,600 associates in research and development at 126 locations across the globe, as well as roughly 30,000 software engineers.
The company was set up in Stuttgart in 1886 by Robert Bosch (1861-1942) as “Workshop for Precision Mechanics and Electrical Engineering.” The special ownership structure of Robert Bosch GmbH guarantees the entrepreneurial freedom of the Bosch Group, making it possible for the company to plan over the long term and to undertake significant upfront investments in the safeguarding of its future. Ninety-four percent of the share capital of Robert Bosch GmbH is held by Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH, a charitable foundation. The remaining shares are held by the Bosch family, by a corporation owned by the family, and by Robert Bosch GmbH. The majority of voting rights are held by Robert Bosch Industrietreuhand KG, an industrial trust. The entrepreneurial ownership functions are carried out by the trust.
Additional information is available online at www.bosch.com, www.iot.bosch.com, www.bosch-press.com, www.twitter.com/BoschPresse